Discover another traditional Greek dessert that our mother prepared for us when we were younger!
Enjoy the chocolate kormos (which literally means trunk in Greek because of the shape of the dessert which looks like a trunk) or mosaiko, with a few modifications, like the dark chocolate!
We added raspberries which pair perfectly with the chocolate. Currants and nuts are another delicious and healthy option!
The vegan chocolate kormos is perfect for occasions like Christmas, New Year etc. and you’ll for sure impress your guests.
Find here our recipe for another Christmas dessert: Kourabiedes!
The icing sugar on top of the dessert gives a festive touch and reminds of a snowy tree trunk!
Prepare it and tell us how you liked it in the comments below and on social media by tagging us @greekappetite with your creations!
Find more recipes in our digital cookbook “Eat Like A Greek Vegan”!
Greek Vegan Kormos – Greek Dessert with Chocolate, Biscuits, and Fruits
- 300 g vegan dark chocolate
- 250 g vegan butter
- 200 g icing sugar
- 50 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 250 g vegan biscuits e.g. digestive
- 30 ml brandy
- raspberries or currants or nuts
- 200 g vegan dark melted chocolate or cocoa powder
- chocolate chips optional
- red fruits optional
- icing sugar optional
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie or a small saucepan over low heat so it doesn’t burn. Remove from heat and leave aside to cool.
- Beat the butter in the mixer for a few minutes until it becomes fluffy and add the sifted icing sugar. Mix for about 4-5 more minutes (depending on how powerful your mixer is) until you have a fluffy buttercream. Add the cocoa, the melted chocolate and mix for a few minutes.
- In a bowl, break the cookies into small pieces and pour the brandy. Add them to the other bowl with the buttercream and mix lightly with a spoon. You can also add raspberries, currants or nuts.
- Pour this mixture on a parchment paper and give it a long and narrow shape like a roll and wrap it by squeezing the 2 edges of the parchment paper on the left and right like a candy. Put it in the freezer for 3-4 hours to firm up.
- When you take it out, pour the melted chocolate over it or sprinkle with cocoa, icing sugar, and fruits (optional). Store it in the refrigerator.