Pasta flora is one of these wonderful sweets that remind us of our childhood.
No matter how much time passes, we always remember with love and nostalgia our mom prepare this delicious tart and then, eat it all together. Of course, I (Pelagia) always went to the kitchen for a second piece, as well as to straighten the dessert*, but that does not matter so much. 🤣
*Do you have this habit?! Please tell us in the comments!
When we want to recall those beautiful days again, we go straight to the kitchen and quickly prepare a pasta flora!
This recipe is so easy and with ingredients that we usually all have in our house, so don’t overthink it! Just make it!
You can, of course, use your own homemade jam, or make a faster version where you put dried fruits (we put dried plums a week ago) in the blender with a little water and then, added a few chia seeds (without sugar) and it is ready!
Our recipe is for 2 tarts, so if you want to make only one, just make half a dose.
If you want to have a crispier tart which tastes more like a biscuit, roll out the dough large enough! Mary always makes it that way whereas I sometimes make it a little thicker.
Do it and tell us if you liked it!
Do you also have a sweet that reminds you of your childhood? Tell us in the comments below!
Pasta Flora (Greek Jam Tart)
For 2 tarts (27cm)
- 1 cup (250ml) olive oil
- 1 cup (250gr) sugar (If you use a jam that is quite sweet, you can reduce this amount of sugar)
- 1 cup (250ml) orange juice
- 1 vanilla 5gr
- orange zest
- 1½ tbsp brandy
- 950 gr flour approximately – we may need a little more so that the dough does not stick to our hands
- 800 gr approximately of strawberry jam or any other flavor of your liking
- In a bowl, mix well the olive oil with the sugar and then, add the orange juice. Finally, add the vanilla, the zest, the brandy, and the flour gradually and mix them well.
- Put the mixture in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- In parchment paper, roll out the dough with a rolling pin.
- Transfer the parchment paper with the dough to a pyrex and roll it out with your hands. Keep some of the dough to form strips.
- Pour the jam (400gr) and decorate on top with the strips by placing them vertically and horizontally.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 40 minutes.