There are crazy, ultra-busy days, and the only thing you want is to enjoy a quick and easy meal that is also delicious.
If you do not want to order food and you want to spend less than 20’ to prepare your own, homemade meal, we have a recipe for you: pasta with a wonderful creamy cauliflower sauce and herbs!
Extremely easy and fast! And that way, you also get your daily recommended intake of cruciferous vegetables which are excellent thanks to their cancer-fighting properties.
In addition, thanks to the mustard, you have another benefit as it greatly increases the bioavailability of sulforaphane (an essential phytochemical found in cruciferous vegetables which is excellent for your health)!
Now, regarding pasta, you have, really, endless choices! I often choose whole-grain or legume pasta to have protein in my meals, but you can, of course, choose white spaghetti, like Mary. 😉
The vegan parmesan is, of course, optional, so you do not miss anything in terms of taste if you skip it!
Personally, however, I love to prepare and add my own “parmesan” from cashews and nutritional yeast. It’s ready in less than 2 minutes and the only thing to do is to blend the cashews and then add fortified nutritional yeast to get my daily intake of B12.
So what are you thinking? Will you try it?
We are impatient to read your comments!
Pasta with Creamy Cauliflower Sauce
- 500-600 gr pasta
For the cauliflower sauce
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1 onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp mustard
- salt, pepper to your taste
- juice of ½ lemon
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- ½ bunch of fresh dill
- ½ bunch of fresh parsley
- 5 basil leaves
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- optional vegan parmesan for the serving (you can buy or do your own, homemade by blending cashews in the mixer and then, adding nutritional yeast)
- Cut the cauliflower into small pieces and cook for about 14 minutes.
- Blend it with the onion and the garlic.
- Mix it with the rest of the ingredients very well with a spoon.
- Serve with hot spaghetti and vegan parmesan on top and enjoy this wonderful meal!
Find more recipes in our digital cookbook “Eat Like A Greek Vegan”!