Try delicious black lentils or beluga lentils, another variety of the gorgeous lentils, in a different vegan dish that everybody (vegans and omnivores) will love!
Black lentils boil much faster than brown lentils, remain “intact” without getting mushy or falling apart, and have an earthy flavor that you can pair with many things.
We thought of making a combination of “land and sea” with the addition of nori sheets.
You can increase or decrease the quantities of all the ingredients and adjust the recipe to your taste, as well as you can boil a lot more lentils to keep them for the next day.
This is something we do almost all the time to minimize cooking time while still ensuring variety in our daily meals. It goes without saying that we don’t keep the same food in the fridge for many days for reasons of hygiene.
If you also like to recycle food but are not sure how, take a look at the prerecorded workshops.
When we make this dish, we boil 200g of lentils, we get 400g and we eat part of them the next day in sandwiches, in salads, with rice, etc.
Do these yummy, easy, and quick stuffed vegan tomatoes, take a picture, and tag us on social media @greekappetite so we can admire your creations!
Find more recipes in our digital cookbook “Eat Like A Greek Vegan”!
Stuffed tomatoes with black lentils, vegan mayonnaise and a hint of sea flavor
- 150 gr boiled black beluga lentils
- 6 tomatoes
- 6 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- ⅓ bunch of parsley finely chopped
- 2 sheets of seaweed nori blended (for the sea flavor)
- black pepper
- salt optional
- Boil the black lentils for about 20-30 minutes or until they are soft, but not melted. Keep in mind that the amount of lentils doubles when boiled. So if you have 100g of dry black lentils, you get 200g when they are boiled.
- Cut the tomatoes horizontally at the point of the stem, remove the inside, chop it finely and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, put the blended nori leaves, vegan mayonnaise (prepare our super easy and quick recipe), chopped parsley, onion and the inside of the tomatoes in a bowl, season with (salt) pepper and mix.
- Stuff the tomatoes with this mixture and serve as an appetizer or main course. If you want an extra yummy vegan side idea: serve with baked potatoes topped with blended nori.