Many people think that vegans should forget the foods and flavors they loved before they stopped eating animals but we are here to debunk this myth.
One of these favorite flavors that you may think has been lost forever is tuna salad.
But this is just not true! By using chickpeas along with the amazing nori leaves for the sea taste, you can create a vegan “tuna” salad that is high in protein, delicious, and super simple.
For mayonnaise, we suggest you make your own at home as it is very easy and you can prepare it and enjoy it at any time! Find our recipe here and make it!
This vegan “tuna” salad goes amazingly with kale, as a spread on bread, with beetroot salad, etc.
Add it on a sandwich with lettuce and kale and create a healthy and delicious plant-based meal or snack, ready to eat wherever you go!
Prepare it and tell us how you liked it!
Find more recipes in our digital cookbook “Eat Like A Greek Vegan”!
High-Protein Vegan Tuna Salad
- 300 gr boiled chickpeas
- 2 tbsp. red onion chopped
- 3 tbsp. vegan mayonnaise
- 1.5 nori leaves mixed in the food processor or blender
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. celery chopped
- 2 tbsp. pickled cucumber
- 2 tsp. pickled cucumber juice
- salt, pepper
- a little fresh chervil to garnish optional but delicious
- Mash the boiled chickpeas with a potato masher or a fork.
- Put them in a bowl, add all the ingredients and mix.
- Garnish, if you have, with chervil for extra taste!