Today we made a very easy and quick dessert: baked apples with red currant jelly!
We used red apples, but green apples would be an excellent choice as well thanks to the flavors contrast (sweet-sour).
If you like dried fruits, feel free to add them inside the apples!
This dessert is also a lovely idea for festive occasions such as Christmas or New Year lunch or dinner. It requires minimal time and effort and will certainly impress with its wonderful and bright colors.
Prepare it and tell us how you liked it in the comments below and on social media by tagging us @greekappetite with your creations!
Find more recipes in our digital cookbook “Eat Like A Greek Vegan”!
Baked Apples With Red Currant Jelly
- 4 red or green apples
- 8 tsp. red currant jelly see notes for alternatives
- 2 tsp. vegan butter see notes for alternatives
- cinnamon powder
- Wash the apples well, remove the seeds by making a vertical circular hole with a special tool (apple corer) or a knife, and place them in a small recipient (like a pyrex) with parchment paper.
- Fill each apple with 1 full tsp. red currant jelly, ½ tsp. vegan butter and on top, add another 1 full tsp. jelly. You can sprinkle some cinnamon too!
- Bake in a preheated oven at 175°C/347°F for about 30 minutes (baking time depends on the oven).
- Serve while they are hot and add cinnamon on top.