If you don’t have the time, the desire or you’re just bored to cook, don’t worry and continue reading!
You can eat yummy homemade vegan meals that are quick, easy and healthy.
One of these ingredients is lentils, which should be included in your diet and pantry. Lentils are cheap, healthy, and versatile and they (as the bay leaves) are an essential part of the Greek diet.
Let’s see how you can enjoy them and make quick vegan meals that will give you energy! And let’s not forget that lentils are also a vegan protein source, a lovely topic for discussion with all your non-vegan friends and acquaintances lol 😉
The main and biggest “work” that actually takes time is boiling the lentils (unless you also make rice).
Then, all you have to do is keep it for the next few days and add different ingredients each time so that you have variety in your diet and also don’t get bored!
Keep in mind that when lentils are boiled, they almost double in size, so if you want to make food for just one person, adjust the quantity so that you don’t end up throwing it away (if you don’t manage to eat them all).
If you know in advance that the lentils you’ll use take hours to boil, you can soak them for a day and discard the water before boiling them.
Regarding salads, use as many as possible and make sure you have different types of them on your plate.
The combinations you can make are infinite in terms of salads, spices and herbs, seeds, nuts, etc.
Are you ready to get creative and enjoy easy, yummy, lazy meals?
If yes, don’t forget to tag @greekappetite on social media, so that we can see and admire them!
Find more recipes in our digital cookbook “Eat Like A Greek Vegan”!
Easy & Quick Mediterranean Greek Meals with Lentils
The basic ingredient
- 300 gr brown dried lentils you’ll get about twice as much when boiled
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 onion chopped (optional)
For the 3 different vegan choices: Different types of salad and in the quantity you want (celery, kale, broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, sprouts, etc.) plus the following
- sundried tomatoes
- red onion
- olive oil
- smoked paprika
- vegan yogurt
- cumin powder
- fresh coriander optional
- vegan mayonnaise easy homemade (find it in our blog or store-bought)
- red onion
- pickled cucumber
- sun-dried tomatoes optional
- kala namak salt optional
- Boil the lentils until they become soft but not mushy and set aside.
- If you intend to eat a part of them as a soup (4th meal option), add the onion during the boiling time, but be careful not to add a large amount of water, otherwise the lentils will have less taste.
For each of the 3 vegan options, all you have to do is prepare the ingredients and combine them all together!
For option 1
- Mash the avocado with a fork, add the rest of the ingredients and mix.
For option 2
- Chop a small clove of garlic, grate some ginger, add fresh coriander and mix it all together with the yogurt.
For option 3
- Add all the ingredients and mix.