Did you crave a quick and easy dessert without too many and hard to find ingredients?
We got you covered! Prepare this divine vegan chocolate mousse with coconut whipped cream and forest fruits!
If you have tried the traditional mousse in the past, you will be amazed to find again this delicious dessert at its vegan version. It is simple and healthy, (you can even skip the sugar).
The only difficulty is the waiting time because you have to let it set in the refrigerator for a few hours.
You can serve it with coconut whipped cream and forest fruits, cookies or even plain!
Use cream instead of coconut milk.
Prepare this delicious vegan chocolate mousse and tag us on social media @greekappetite so we can admire your creations!
Find more recipes in our digital cookbook “Eat Like A Greek Vegan”!
Chocolate Mousse with Whipped Cream and Forest Fruits
For the chocolate mousse
- 250 gr dark vegan chocolate
- 175 ml aquafaba the liquid from a can of cooked chickpeas
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract optional
- sugar optional
For the coconut whipped cream:
- 1 can of coconut cream refrigerated for at least 2 days
- 1-2 tbsp. icing sugar
- vanilla extract optional
- Use the mixer to beat the aquafaba and salt in a bowl for about 10-15 minutes (depending on how strong your mixer is) until it’s well whipped. If you gently shake the bowl and the mixture sticks well without moving, it means that it is ready.
- Melt chocolate over a bain-marie and add sugar and vanilla extract , if desired. When it is ready, transfer it to a bowl, add the whipped aquafaba slowly and mix with gentle movements. Put it into the refrigerator to set before eating it.
- Serve with coconut whipped cream and forest fruits.
For the whipped cream
- Use the mixer to beat the cold coconut cream and the rest of the ingredients for about 10 minutes, initially, on medium speed and then, on high until it becomes fluffy.
- Aquafaba is the liquid that results from cooked legumes. We mostly use aquafaba from cooked chickpeas. We use it to replace egg whites in recipes such as meringue, mousse, etc. We can either cook the chickpeas ourselves or use canned chickpeas. Aquafaba from a can, however, is the safest way because it has the right density.
- Put the coconut cream in the fridge for at least 2 days to cool. Remove the liquid it may contain to obtain a successful whipped cream.