We absolutely love Greek cuisine (and not only because we’re Greeks!) but we enjoy eating other cuisines and dishes as well!
One of them is the spring rolls that you can prepare in many ways: raw, fried, or baked in the oven. Very easy, tasty and relatively quick to prepare!
Make the recipe and tell us how you liked it!
Find more recipes in our digital cookbook “Eat Like A Greek Vegan”!
Vegan crunchy spring rolls with sweet and sour sauce
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 2 peppers red and orange, or any other color of your liking, chopped
- 10 g ginger grated
- 250 g cabbage cut into very thin strips
- 2 carrots grated
- 50 ml soy sauce
- 50 ml olive oil
- 70-80 g soybean sprouts
- salt, pepper
- 1 package of rice paper wrappers
- sweet and sour sauce for serving
- Cut and wash the vegetables well.
- Heat the olive oil over high heat and sauté the onion with the garlic for 2-3 minutes. Add all the other ingredients (except the soy sauce) and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- At the end, add the sauce and leave it for another 3 minutes or so. Set aside to cool.
Wrap the rolls
- Fill a pan or a large bowl with water and dip the rice paper (one by one each time) in it for about 1 minute. Place it on a plate, put a little filling in the center and wrap the rice paper from bottom to top, then, one end from the right to the center, the other end from the left to the center and at the end roll it towards the top. Follow the same procedure with the remaining rice papers. Place them in a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200° C for about 20-25 minutes until golden brown (time depends on the oven).