Rice pudding is one of those easy desserts that are perfect for all occasions.
It’s particularly suitable when you crave sweets but you don’t want to go out shopping.
It’s also an excellent option to take to work or when you have visitors (theoretically speaking of course during the quarantine times!).
Anyway, Greek rice pudding is a traditional Greek dessert that many appreciate as it is cooked relatively fast, it’s perfect all year round, and it has just a few ingredients.
Apart from the classical recipe, you can also make variations, by using for instance, orange zest, cocoa, and of course, the Chios mastiha gum which is an amazing Greek superfood!
So, what are you waiting for? Grab the ingredients and get ready to prepare your vegan homemade rice pudding in less than 30 minutes!
Enjoy it! Don’t forget to tell us your feedback!
Rizogalo (Greek Rice Pudding)
- 255 ml water
- 45 gr rice for risotto
- a pinch of salt
- 500 ml soy or almond milk
- 3-4 tbsp sugar adjust the amount to your taste
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- ground cinnamon to garnish
- Boil the rice with water and salt until it softens and absorbs the water (we left it for 16 minutes – as mentioned on the rice package).
- In a bowl, mix the milk with the cornflour and add it to the rice. Add the sugar and stir often over medium heat until the cream thickens (about 7-8 minutes).
- Remove from the heat and pour into 2-3 bowls. Finally, serve with ground cinnamon for extra aroma and taste!
Disclaimer: The links in this page are affiliate links. We may earn a small commission if you purchase anything through them, at no extra cost to you. We only recommend products and services we completely trust, based on our first-hand experiences.