If you want to make a very easy and healthy vegan cheese, you really don’t need a lot of things. Nuts, seeds/grains, and spices are the main ingredients and if you want to have extra (cheese) flavor, add a little bit of nutritional yeast (also excellent for your B12)!
Vegan plant-based cheeses are also made very quickly. In fact, the only thing that takes time is to soak your nuts. If you only put seeds or grains (for instance, sunflower seeds), you usually do not need to soak them and your cheese really becomes instantly!
For those who wonder why we call them cheeses while they are not cheeses from animals’ milk, let’s not forget that many meals, like the veggie balls, have the same name as their animal-based equivalent, for example, meatballs. Basically, the name “cheese” refers more to its shape and use as well as sometimes to the production method (see camembert).
Thanks to nuts, seeds, grains as well as other ingredients, we can consume cheeses that are not only delicious but also healthy.
You can spread them on the bread, crackers or cut them into cubes/pieces and use them in salads, spaghetti, pies, etc.
So, don’t hesitate to make this recipe and enjoy your own vegan cheeses made with healthy ingredients and a lot of love!
As always, we look forward to hearing from you!
Raw vegan cheese with cumin
For 160 gr of raw vegan cheese
- 40 gr almonds soaked from the night before
- 60 gr sunflower seeds
- 1 very small/thin garlic clove
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- 10 tsp water
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds
- 2 tsp. freshly ground flaxseed
- a little cumin
- Put the soaked almonds for a few minutes in hot water to easily remove their skin.
- Put all the ingredients in the food processor until you have a tight mixture.
- For the coating: grind flaxseed and sesame in the food processor and take 2 tsp. from each one. Add a little cumin to them and add them to your cheese.