If you like sweets that do not have gluten, added sugar, chemicals, etc., then you have found the dessert-snack you will fall in love with.
Almond bites are very easy and healthy as almonds have a lot of benefits for you, such as magnesium, vitamin E, calcium, and many more.
They are also part of the Mediterranean diet, as other nuts and seeds.
With only 3 ingredients you have created an awesome snack or base for other sweets, like this delicious and fast dessert style “profiterole” (recipe HERE).
If you want to make them a bit more sweet, you can add more sweetener and adjust them to your taste. To do this, add little by little and taste, rather than putting out all at once.
We prefer petimezi and carob honey in general in our recipes because they are part of the Greek culture, they are very healthy ingredients as they have natural sugars, and they are also very tasty.
Make these bites and put them in the fridge to eat every day.
If you feel lazy from time to time, like me, and are bored of shaping balls, take all the mixture, put it on parchment paper and roll it. Open it, slice it, and eat as much as you like. Let’s not complicate our life more!
Try it and send us your delicious creations on social media. Tag us @greekappetite, so that we can see them!
Find more recipes in our digital cookbook “Eat Like A Greek Vegan”!
Super Εasy Raw Almond Bites (Sugar-Free)
- 300 g of almonds
- 60-80 g petimezi Greek grape molasses or other liquid natural sweetener
- 1 tbsp. flaxseed freshly ground
- Mix the almonds in a blender or food processor until they become crumbs, but not butter. To achieve this: blend, stop, and start again so the almonds don’t overheat and become butter.
- Put the crushed almonds that have become almost like flour in a bowl, add the petimezi or other liquid sweetener (carob honey, molasses, etc.), the freshly ground flaxseed and mix them with your hands.
- Put the mixture in the refrigerator to set for about 15-20 minutes.
- Take it out and form small bites by taking a small amount and forming it into a ball with your hands. Give them the size you want.