When it’s too hot to cook and you want something healthy and cool, make Greek salad in a different way!
We came up with this recipe when there was a great heat in Brussels and we didn’t know what to eat. Basically, it’s a vegan Greek salad but instead of eating it on a plate, you drink it cold in a glass or bowl.
It is ideal for carrying it everywhere with you and enjoying it as a cold drink. Take it to the beach, to the office, on your walk, on your picnic, and wherever else you want.
Adjust the proportions of the ingredients to your liking and use whatever pepper you can find (we did it once with a red long pepper and another time with a red bell pepper. We would like to try it with a green long pepper, but we can’t find it here.)
We didn’t add olive oil, but feel free to add, if you want. Make it and enjoy the whole Greek summer in your glass!
Don’t forget to send us your delicious creations on social media. Tag us @greekappetite, so that we can see them!
Find more recipes in our digital cookbook “Eat Like A Greek Vegan”!
Vegan Greek Salad with a Twist
- 12 pitted Kalamata olives
- 3-4 tomatoes cut into quarters
- 1 medium pepper coarsely chopped
- 1 small dry onion cut in half
- 1 small or half cucumber cut into thick slices
- 1-2 tbsp capers and a bit more for serving
- Put all the ingredients, except the oregano, in the blender or food processor and mix them until they become like a soup.
- Add a bit of oregano along with extra capers on top and serve cold in glasses or bowls.