Apples are such an amazing fruit and we hope you eat them as much as possible.
If you want to make a change and enjoy them differently, make this quick raw apple jam that you can enjoy with your crêpes, bread or in other vegan treats, like this nourishing breakfast (see recipe HERE).
It goes without saying that you can add sugar, or grape or apple juice instead of water.
Chia seeds are an amazing source of:
- omega-3 fats which you generally find much more difficult than omega 6 or 9
- protein, etc.
Chia have the ability to absorb liquids, so they help the jam “rise”. It is an ingredient that for many reasons you can include in your pantry!
If you love easy and healthy preparations, make this healthy and delicious vegan jam, take a picture, and tag us @greekappetite on social media, so that we can see it!
Find more recipes in our digital cookbook “Eat Like A Greek Vegan”!
Raw Sugar-Free Apple Jam
- 350 g of apples
- 100 g of water
- 2-3 tbsp. chia seeds
- ground cinnamon or cinnamon powder optional
- Rinse, cut the apples into pieces and put them in the blender or food processor with the water until they become like puree.
- Transfer them into a bowl, add chia seeds, stir and let them for at least 15 minutes.
- If the mixture is still a bit watery, you can add a few more chia seeds and let it aside so that chia can absorb the liquids.
- You can add half to one tbsp. cinnamon and garnish with extra apple slices.