If you also love homemade nut butters, and more specifically hazelnut butter, then you’ll love this recipe! Follow two very simple steps and it’s ready!
You need roasted hazelnuts and as much sugar as you want to prepare it in the food processor in just a few minutes! You can add a pinch of salt to make the sweet taste stand out more but it’s not necessary.
It cannot be made with raw hazelnuts (we have tried it), so either you get them already roasted, or you bake them for a few minutes in the oven.
It is done very easily and quickly, you just have to be careful and wait a while when you blend them in the food processor, so that it does not burn.
You can use the hazelnut butter in crepes, with pieces of apple or banana, in a smoothie by adding milk, cocoa nibs, and banana, in bread, etc.
Prepare it and tell us how you liked it in the comments below and on social media by tagging us @greekappetite with your creations!
Find more recipes in our digital cookbook “Eat Like A Greek Vegan”!
Easy Homemade Hazelnut Butter
- 250 gr roasted hazelnuts
- 2-4 tsp. coconut sugar or any other sugar
- If you have roasted hazelnuts, go straight to the next step.Place the hazelnuts on parchment paper and roast them at 180° in the oven for about 7-10' or until they start to peel. Be careful with the time because they can easily burn.
- Rub them in circular movements with a (paper) towel to remove their skin.
- Blend the roasted and peeled hazelnuts in the food processor. Add as much sugar as you like. Depending on your food processor, it can take a few minutes to become butter. If you do not have a strong food processor, blend in doses so you don’t burn it.
- Enjoy it in crepes, with apples, bananas, etc.