If you want to make your own homemade vegan crème fraîche, then you should definitely try this creamy cashew sauce! It is very easy and fast, if you exclude the waiting time for soaking the cashews.
Depending on how fluid you want it, you can adjust the amount of water. You can also add herbs, spices, garlic, etc.
Where to use it?
You can use it to prepare a delicious vegan carbonara with smoked tofu (see recipe HERE), as a dip with crackers and vegetables, as a salad dressing, etc.
Why cashew nuts?
Cashews belong to the category of nuts with great nutritional value as they contain:
- vitamin K
- magnesium, phosphorus, etc.
It is an ingredient that helps you make fantastic sauces (sweet and salty) as it contains fats that give a creamy texture with a neutral taste which you can adapt to the preparation you will make.
Find more recipes in our digital cookbook “Eat Like A Greek Vegan”!
Vegan Creamy Cashews Sauce
- 220 gr cashews unsalted and raw
- 250 ml of water
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1-2 tbsp. olive oil
- salt, pepper
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast optional
- Soak the cashews for 2-4 hours.
- Grind them in the blender together with all the other ingredients to have a creamy sauce.If you want the sauce more liquid, you will add more water.